Renewed Life for Greyhounds
Finding forever homes for retired racing greyhounds
MSU VTH Blood Donor Program
The MSU VTH Blood Donor Program is a vital part of the Michigan State Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Their program is described here:
The Blood Donor Program is looking for greyhounds to be a part of the program as greyhounds most often have the universal blood type and the calm temperament to be great donors. They are looking for dogs that are healthy, friendly and easy to work with, at least 50 pounds, 1 - 7 years old, on heartworm prevention, up-to-date on vaccines, and not on medications.
A donor in the program is provided:
Iron supplements (oral) to be given at home twice weekly
An annual physical exam
Annual bloodwork, to include a complete blood count (CBC) and serum chemistry profile
A $40.00 credit (to be used at the MSU VTH) or a 40 lb. bag of food per donation
If you have questions about the MSU Veterinary Teaching Hospital’s Blood Donor Program, please email:email@example.comGusto lived because Remington gave!
Volunteering with Renewed Life
Renewed Life for Greyhounds is happy to welcome anyone interested in volunteering. There are many areas in which you can help such as:
- Becoming a foster home to a greyhound in need.
- Help with setting up "meet-a-greyhound" events.
- Do you have a special talent such as sewing, wood working, etc?
- Fund raising help and also fund raising ideas.
- Transporting greyhounds to and from foster homes.
- Setting up and participating in search parties for lost greyhounds.
- Help with the annual "Shades of Grey" reunion/fundraiser.
- Photographing RLFG events for the newsletter and website....
- and much more!!
If interested in becoming a volunteer, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-786-3430.
"Volunteers are not paid....not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless." ~ anonymous
- Check Your Vet
- Why is my vet
- Greyhound Care Guide
- Something About Me
- Things To Know
- Tips for New Adopters
- Web Links